d up (there was at least one wig in attendance) and festive. Demands to have pictures with me, I felt like Mickey, until the memory card filled.
The buses then headed to a local club (except the one with the interns which was sternly sent home). We stayed and drank brandy with the hilarious gregarious generously portioned german owner and his snippy ugandan wife, then tried to meet up with the staff but failed and went home to throw together very late night omelets.
Next morning I peeled myself up and dragged cranky hungover helpers to teach our promised class session. Spirits started off low, but One Fish Two Fish was a big hit with the little kids (one of my helpers said it was "very interesting." I think/hope they use that word a bit differently in uganda.) And so were the acting out of vitamin a fighting off disease and vitamin c protecting the heart that I imperiously imposed (with a smile, bien entendu), though I should have predicted the former would get a bit physical--more of a problem when you consider many of these kids are way more buff than me. And a really should have assigned someone larger and less disabled to be the attackee. Live and learn.
Came back to find the lord and lady of the lodge sipping rose cava by the pool and nibbling the last of the parma ham from kampala. Joined them and dipped tired feet. (See gratuitous adorable dog shot. Do not see omitted image of baby skink who Mr. Lodge befriended mirthfully and squashed accidentally.)

No comments:
Post a Comment