
The sun is out and the view is clear for the first time in at least a week, and it is the nicest afternoon here I can remember, but the staff and I are alone to enjoy it. My hosts are in Kampala, and the only guests tonight haven't yet arrived, so the staff is relaxing and playing cards and I am doing a cryptic crossword by the pool while crowds of swallows swoop and dragonflies waver against the backdrop of mountains. They are almost clear enough to see the snow today; I'm glad I got to see them again before I go home. They are so large and encircling that when you can see them it is hard to imagine how it is they disappear, and when it isn't clear enough to see them it is hard to believe anything that imposing is there, and what lines are visible blend with the clouds.
NDALI LAMA!
ReplyDelete