Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's korite!

Ramadan is OVER. Today is the big (think christmas-big) holiday to end it. Man, were the streets deserted today. This made for a very nice, light on cars run. Highlight of the day was running into kids all dressed up coming to the gate to ask for money (they go around the neighborhood like this, kinda like halloween in formal wear.) I declined (running clothes, no room for change in the pocket!) but we had a laugh because to what child is a girl out running not funny? My favorite part was they chased me to the corner where I said "Attention!" and we all waited patiently for no cars to be coming (I was being waaay more responsible than I would sans kids, I confess) and recommenced chasing on the other side. Okay, I lied, my favorite part was next, when I outran them. These African kids, man, often they are embarrassingly more fit than you. Maybe it's just that these city kids are soft.

Lost a 10K bill (about 20 bucks) by the time I got back. Considered retracing my steps, decided whoever found it could probably use it more than I could and also I was really, really tired and hot. Happy korite, somebody.

UPDATE: Found the 10K bill; it was hiding somewhere in my clothes. Happy Korite to me, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors