Saturday, March 5, 2011

Goodbye, Fort Portal. Ndakurora obundi!

Stayed up late last night for a final sauna and stargazing. So many stars we could see by starlight; feel very lucky my last days were around the new moon. Stayed up until I caught one last shooting star. Teary goodbye this morning, ride to Kampala spent running through more good memories than I have words for while trying to sponge up the scenery. Feeling just full of love and gratitude for this place and this time.

Kampala clubs tonight, Rome on Tuesday, Boston 3/20-3/23, LA 3/23-25ish, drive Palo Alto for Spring Quarter, then...Senegal in June? Hard to stay sad for long with so much to look forward to, especially as I feel in my bones I will be back here before too long. After all, all I have to do is make it happen, so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors