Yesterday Moses -- "my driver" -- and I sailed to work in five minutes at 7:40 am. This is normally in the peak rush hour zone, jammed to walking pace woven with dodging bodas through an exhaust fog, but today it was all calm and clear air. It was like London in 28 days later. But no, no zombie coup: random holiday the UN does not recognize. Not sure who the heroes were, but they gave me the gift of no traffic.
I celebrated the holiday by being very much not a hero of the workplace, wasting space much of the morning and using a long lunch break to buy beer for my roommates and try out a new food court (I can now say that though there is nor S-bucks nor even McDonalds here, there is no country I've been to that doner kebab has not reached.)
I did try to use the afternoon productively, but I needed to cut and paste to go forward with what I was working on. Word 2000 decided it had enough of this pasting business. Cutting, copying, fine, but once cut, gone.
My rational and grown up response was to play Space Cadet pinball in spite. (One of the things I admit I miss about switching to Mac.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment